UPDATED January 22, 2019
Job Definition: Employee is responsible for assisting in the management of the Energy Program including: maintain database of utility expenses (electric, natural gas, water, stormwater); regulatory compliance; provide technical assistance to Gaston County Schools’ (GCS) Departments related to energy (usage and expense); general Department of Energy (DOE) regulatory compliance; and conduct field audits/investigations. This employee is the “energy conscience” of Gaston County Schools responsible promoting behavior modification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with development and review of the district’s energy management program for optimum cost effective energy utilization based on the needs and requirements for the
- Research, analyze, and recommend efficient and effective energy utilization by forecasting, planning, and monitoring utility usage (gas, electric, water, sewer, stormwater, )
- Maintain and produce reports showing trends, and other data; also coordinate with schools and their specific energy
- Identify high energy Accumulate and present pertinent information for recommended corrective measure implementations.
- Responsible for assisting with compiling utility budgets and energy conservation measure cost estimates based upon documented program
- Ensures energy management operations are supportive of the instructional goals of the
- Train the appropriate staff and faculty regarding energy management goals and
- Articulates the district’s mission and goals in the area of energy management to the community and solicits its support in realizing the
- Energy Liaison for the district to provide optimum facility comfort while reducing energy consumption levels; effectively communicate the benefits of the energy management program through behavior
- Utilize consultants when necessary to identify energy conservation
- Monitor facility design and construction activities as they relate to energy
- Evaluate and recommend software and/or systems to support the district’s energy conservation programs.
- Ensure that energy audits are conducted and results shared with appropriate supervisor(s).
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, administrators, supervisors, and other school
- Perform other related work as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to understand utility rate schedules (Electric, Gas, Water, and Sewer) and ability to calculate usage.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade, including safe practices and procedures of the
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, and the processes of efficient energy.
Click blue button to download a PDF of this information.Download Job Application